About Wield WI
We meet at the village hall in Upper Wield (SO24 9RP), usually on the first Thursday of each month at 7.30 pm (please refer to the meeting list below for any changes to this).
We are a small but growing group. Our members are aged from 39 to 85 so whether you are 18 or 80, there’s something for you. Many of our meetings and visits are open to visitors, partners, friends and children. Our members come from all over the local area, you don’t have to live in Wield – just to a desire to hear about varied and interesting topics and make new friends in a relaxed, informal atmosphere.
If you would like to know more about Wield WI, please visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/wieldwi or come along to a meeting. You will be made very welcome.
- 5 March – speaker: Tessa Newton, “Early travels around the world”
- 2 April – speaker: Margaret Braddock, “The Holy Dusters and Brass Band of Winchester Cathedral”
- 7 May – AGM and Resolutions
- 4 June – Garden meeting and shared supper
- 2 July – Trip out, tbc
- August – no meeting
- 3 September – Quiz night
- 1 October – speaker: Rod Eggington, “Life in a North Hampshire Village”
- 5 November – Craft night
- 3 December – Christmas gathering and shared supper