Welcome to Village People (Alverstoke) WI, founded on 7th October 2014.
We meet on the first Wednesday of every month at 13:30 – 15:30, at Alverstoke Parish Centre, Green Road, Gosport, PO12 2ET.
We have a variety of speakers and activities planned for our Wednesday meetings. In addition, as the year goes on, there will be events and outings. Members are encouraged to join our Craft Group, Cribbage Group, Friendship Circle, Gardens Group, Lunch Club, Reading Group, Theatre Group, Walking Group and Wine Tasting Group.
We regularly have trips to interesting places which can be educational but are always fun days out. The photograph at the foot of the page shows a group of our members enjoying a visit to Exbury Gardens.
4 September 2019
- Event – Deaf Babies
- Speaker – The Elizabeth Foundation
2 October 2019
- Event – Mad Hatter’s Tea Party for our 5th birthday
- Speaker – Jennifer Parker-Lummis
6 November 2019
- Event – The Lost Souls
- Speaker – Brenda Margetts
4 December 2019
- Event – So far so good
- Speaker – Malcolm Wells MBE
8 January 2020
- Event – Resolutions and renewal of membership
5 February 2020
- Event – total27Baking Blind
- Speaker – Penny Melville-Brown
4 March 2020
- Event – The Good, The Bad and the Downright Funny
1 April 2020
- Event – Craft Afternoon
We are fundraising for the Two Saints Charity. A local charity helping the homeless of Gosport and Fareham.