A warm welcome awaits you at Stubbington & Hill Head WI
We meet on the last Wednesday of the month at 2pm in the Baptist Church, Jay Close, Cuckoo lane, Stubbington PO14 3TA
Although we are proud to be one of the oldest WIs in the area (est 1919) we aim to be forward thinking and welcome new ideas. We give a warm welcome to visitors who would like to join a friendly WI.
Most months we are entertained by a visiting speaker.
As we have the benefit of a lovely coastline on our doorstep, we have a walking group to encourage our members to enjoy their environment and also make this healthy pastime a social occasion.
Talking of social occasions – we have at least two pre-meeting lunches per year at our meetings venue, another social meal at an outside venue and an annual outing. Recently we have started a lunch club and once a month we meet in one of the local pubs.
The Baptist Church provides us with a large, light, airy meeting venue and our members provide a warm and friendly atmosphere, so……
WHY NOT COME ALONG AND JOIN US? VISITORS ARE ALWAYS WELCOME!
25 September 2019
- Talk/ Activity – Winchester Talking Newspaper
- Speaker – Mr Richards
30 October 2019
- Talk/ Activity – Lee on the Solent seafront historical talk
- Speaker – Mr Ray Harding
27 November 2019
- Talk/ Activity -Victoria Cross Story
- Speaker – Mr Jeremy Prescott
11 December 2019
- Talk/ Activity – Songs and comedy 1950/60 and Christmas Party (members only)
29 January 2020
- Talk/ Activity – Seated exercises
- Speaker – Mrs Sally Hubert
26 February 2020
- Talk/ Activity – Beatrix Potter-Dispelling the myths and misconceptions
- Speaker – Mr David Stocks
25 March 2020
- Talk/ Activity – Hats off to Millinery
- Speaker – Mrs Sophie Fryer
29 April 2020
- Talk/ Activity – 101st birthday party (members only) Morning Tide Singers
- Speaker – Morning Tide WI
27 May 2020
- Talk/ Activity – Annual Meeting and Resolutions. Committee Nominations, Annual Report, Financial Statement, Ballot for President