Stokes Bay WI meets in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET, 10.00-12.00 on the third Tuesday of the month.
We currently have a membership of over one hundred and a waiting list but visitors are very welcome – no charge.
Scroll down for information about our meetings, other events and outings – often available to guests – and links to current and ‘archive’ materials.
Any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stokes Bay WI started in October 2014 and celebrated its first full year of meetings, outings and activities in December 2015, by presenting the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance with a cheque for £2,000. Our 2016 charitable cause was the GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service) to which organisation we presented a cheque for £2,750 in December . In December 2017 we donated £3,150 to QA’s Da Vinci robot appeal and last month we gave £3,900 to Veronica & Friends (the local Macmillan Cancer Support Committee)
In January 2019 we will choose our next Charitable Cause which we will support until February 2020
Our motto is Inspiring Friendship and Fun and certainly, alongside the fundraising and WI commitments, we enjoy much companionship and laughter as is evident in our meetings, outings and interest groups – and in a selection of photos below.
Forthcoming Events for 2109: email email@example.com for more details. Click on ‘Programme of Speakers’ below for full year’s speakers
Regular events (subject to change, at times…):
- Mondays. Cinema Goers meet at ferry (usually 12:15) for film in Vue
- Fridays, 09:45. Meet Parish Centre for a brisk 4 mile walk along the Bay, etc, then coffee in Darling’s or the Alverbank
- Second Tuesdays, 14:00-16:00. WI-tty Knitters, Old Lodge; Walkers 10:30. Route varies. See below
- Second Wednesdays: 13:30 – 15:30. Patchwork & Quilting
- Fourth Wednesdays, 10:30. Jigsaw Club
- Third Thursday (usually), 11:30. Big Band at Thorngate Hall. Meet 11:00
June (other events/details to follow)
- Wed 5th, 12:30. Lunch Club at Bayside Cabin
- Thur 6th, 11:30. Committee meeting
- Tue 18th, 10:00-12:00. Gordon Lewis: Accident or Assassination (death of King Rufus). Competition – Crown for a Queen – any interpretation
- Thur 20th, 09:15-18:00. Osborne House – bespoke Gosport Ferry tour. £24.25 excludes entry. CLOSED
- Thur 27th June, 10:30. Meet at the George car park, Finchdean. Six mile circular walk to Chalton and back to George for lunch
July (other events/details to follow)
- Tue 2nd, 14:00-16:00. Strawberry Cream Tea & What’s Knot to Like. St Mary’s Parish Centre, £6 in aid of Regeneration Fund
- Thur 4th, 11:30. Committee meeting
- Tue 6th/Wed 7th – afternoons. Garden Walkabout in aid of Parish Centre Regeneration. £5 for two days.
- Tue 9th, 11:00. Lordington Lavender visit. £6 own transport; £15 with minibus (16 seats). CLOSED
- Wed 10th, 10:30. Lunch Club. Pebbles. £5 deposit
- Tue 16th, 10:00. Dave Standing (former Head Gardener of Gilbert White’s house): Cottage Gardening
- Wed 17th. Day trip, Kintbury Canal. £30 private hire, includes tea & cake. Guests welcome.
- Tue 23rd, 10:30. Meet Bursledon Railway Station. Six mile circular walk to Botley and back to Navigator for lunch
For more details of our Programme of Speakers and events to date, see:
For Previous Events, see: