Stokes Bay WI meets in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET 10.00-12.00 on the third Tuesday of the month.
We started in October 2014 and now have over a hundred members and short waiting list but visitors are very welcome – no charge.
Any enquiries, please email: email@example.com
Our motto is Inspiring Friendship and Fun and certainly, alongside the fundraising and WI commitments, we enjoy much companionship and laughter in our meetings, outings and interest groups.
Scroll down, past the photo gallery (mostly pre-Lockdown) for more information and links. Lockdown Newsletters, etc, can be found in the Newsletter folder below.
Each year we choose a ‘Charitable Cause’:
2015 – £2,000 to the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance.
2016 – £2,750 to GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service)
2017 – £3,150 to QA’s Da Vinci robot appeal
2018- £3,900 to ‘Veronica & Friends’ (the local Macmillan Cancer Support Committee)
2019-2021 (extended through Lockdown) – £3,200 to St Mary’s Parish Centre Regeneration
We also have a ‘Community Chest’ for small local projects: This February we donated £250 in food and toiletries to Gosport’s Basic Bank.
With the closure of Denman College, our bursary to the college came to an end.
Forthcoming Events for 2021: email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Monthly Newsletters can be found in the Newsletter folder below.
Regular events (subject to change, at times…): Normal service has largely been resumed!
- Mondays. Cinema Goers. Meet at ferry (usually 12:15) for film in Vue
- Second Tuesdays (usually), 10:30. Walkers. Route varies, approx 6 mile circular with pub lunch. See below
- Second Wednesdays: 13:30-15:30. Patchwork & Quilting
- Wednesday of week following meeting, 10:30. Jigsaw Club
- Third Thursdays (check), 11:30. Big Band at Thorngate Hall. Meet 11:00
- Fridays, 09:45. Strollers. Meet Parish Centre for a stroll around the Bay, etc, then coffee in Joy’s
- Fridays, 14:30-15:30. Peninsula Choir. Methodist Hall, Lee
- First week (usually). Day & venue varies. Lunch Club, 12:30
Update on trips: See above!
For your diaries:
2021 SBWI NB No friends or visitors for time being
- Tues Oct 19th 1000-1200: AGM; Birthday Celebration; Fair Trade
- Tues Nov 16th 1000-1200: Canapes Demonstration – Debbie Towlson
- Tues 30 1200-1400: Soup & Sweet Lunch – Parish Centre in aid of Regeneration Fund
- Wed Dec 8: Winchester Christmas Market
- Tues Dec 21st 1000-1200: Reflections on the Year and Fun & Games
- Tues Jan 18th 1000-1300: Resolutions- Discussions & Voting/Lunch
- Tues Feb 15th 1000-1200: Handbags – A Historical Journey – Sarah Doyle
- Tues Mar 15th 1000-1200: Lady in a Brown Van – Jane Glennie + Charity Cause Hustings
To contact Penny, email: SBWI.email@example.com
For more details of our Programme of Speakers and events to date, see:
For Previous Events, see: