Stokes Bay WI meets in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET, 10.00-12.00 on the third Tuesday of the month.
We have a membership of over one hundred and a waiting list but visitors are very welcome – no charge.
Scroll down for information about our meetings, other events and outings – often available to guests – and links to current and ‘archive’ materials.
Any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stokes Bay WI started in October 2014 and celebrated its first full year of meetings, outings and activities in December 2015, by presenting the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance with a cheque for £2,000. Our 2016 charitable cause was the GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service) to which organisation we presented a cheque for £2,750 in December. In December 2017 we donated £3,150 to QA’s Da Vinci robot appeal and last month we gave £3,900 to Veronica & Friends (the local Macmillan Cancer Support Committee).
In January 2019 we chose to make our Parish Centre Regeneration our Charitable Cause which we will support until March 2020
We also have a Community Chest to support small local projects and a Denman Bursary.
Our motto is Inspiring Friendship and Fun and certainly, alongside the fundraising and WI commitments, we enjoy much companionship and laughter as is evident in our meetings, outings and interest groups – and in a selection of photos below.
Forthcoming Events for 2109: email email@example.com for more details. Click on ‘Programme of Speakers’ below for full year’s speakers
*Regular events (subject to change, at times…):
- Mondays. Cinema Goers. Meet at ferry (usually 12:15) for film in Vue
- Second Tuesdays, 14:00-16:00. WI-tty Knitters, Old Lodge
- Second Tuesdays (usually), 10:30. Walkers. Route varies, approx 6 mile circular with pub lunch. See below
- Second Wednesdays: 13:30-15:30. Patchwork & Quilting
- Fourth Wednesdays, 10:30. Jigsaw Club
- Third Thursdays (usually), 11:30. Big Band at Thorngate Hall. Meet 11:00
- Fridays, 09:45. Walkers. Meet Parish Centre for a brisk 4 mile walk along the Bay, etc, then coffee in Joy’s
- Fridays, 14:30-15:30. Peninsula Choir. Methodist Hall, Lee
- First week (usually). Day & venue varies. Lunch Club, 12:30
December (in addition to above*)
- Tue 3rd, 12:30. Lunch Club. The Anglesey. Deposit & menu order at November meeting, please
- Wed 4th, 10:00 Salisbury Market. £12. Guests welcome
- Thur 5th, 11:30. Committee meeting
- Mon 9th: Peninsula Christmas Celebration, Methodist Church, Lee-on-the-Solent, 19:00
- Thur 12th, 10:30. Walkers. Meet St Mary’s Parish Centre to walk the Alver Valley and lunch in the Old Lodge. Book meal in advance.
- Tue 17th, 10:00 – 13:00. Meeting at PC. Round up of year and seasonal activities
- Thur 19th. Leonardslee Botanical Gardens& Christmas Illuminations, 13:30. £27
For more details of our Programme of Speakers and events to date, see:
For Previous Events, see: