Stokes Bay WI meets in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET, 10.00-12.00 on the third Tuesday of the month.
We have a membership of over one hundred and a waiting list but visitors are very welcome – no charge.
Scroll down, past the photo gallery, for information about our meetings, other events and outings – often available to guests – and links to current and ‘archive’ materials – including more photos! But, please note: In line with government restrictions, all meetings/activities and events are cancelled until at least the end of June because of Coronavirus
Any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stokes Bay WI started in October 2014 and celebrated its first full year of meetings, outings and activities in December 2015, by presenting the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance with a cheque for £2,000. Our 2016 charitable cause was the GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service) to which organisation we presented a cheque for £2,750 in December. In December 2017 we donated £3,150 to QA’s Da Vinci robot appeal and last month we gave £3,900 to Veronica & Friends (the local Macmillan Cancer Support Committee).
In January 2019 we chose to make our Parish Centre Regeneration our Charitable Cause which we will support until March 2020
We also have a Community Chest for small local projects and a Denman Bursary.
Our motto is Inspiring Friendship and Fun and certainly, alongside the fundraising and WI commitments, we enjoy much companionship and laughter as is evident in our meetings, outings and interest groups – and in a selection of photos below.
Forthcoming Events for 2020: email email@example.com for more details. Click on ‘Programme of Speakers’ below for full year’s speakers. But, please note: In line with government restrictions, all meetings/activities and events are cancelled until at least the end of June because of Coronavirus
*Regular events (subject to change, at times…): Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible!
- Mondays. Cinema Goers. Meet at ferry (usually 12:15) for film in Vue
- Second Tuesdays (usually), 10:30. Walkers. Route varies, approx 6 mile circular with pub lunch. See below
- Second Wednesdays: 13:30-15:30. Patchwork & Quilting
- Wednesday of week following meeting, 10:30. Jigsaw Club
- Third Thursdays (check), 11:30. Big Band at Thorngate Hall. Meet 11:00
- Fridays, 09:45. Walkers. Meet Parish Centre for a brisk 4 mile walk along the Bay, etc, then coffee in Joy’s
- Fridays, 14:30-15:30. Peninsula Choir. Methodist Hall, Lee
- First week (usually). Day & venue varies. Lunch Club, 12:30
Update on trips:
- Kensington Palace & Gardens: Wednesday 22nd April, £38. Currently postponed till September
For your diaries:
- St Cross, Winchester (18th June) £5 own travel. Postponed
- Hampton Court Flower Show (9th July). Postponed
- Weir House: Old Alresford (Tuesday 8th September) £5 & car-share (Plant Potters)
- tour of MINI car Plant, Oxford (17 September) £35
- Basingstoke canal trip (1 October) tba.
To contact Penny, email: SBWI.firstname.lastname@example.org
For more details of our Programme of Speakers and events to date, see:
For Previous Events, see: