Welcome to North Waltham WI. We meet in the Rathbone Pavilion on Cuckoo Meadow on the second Thursday of the month at 7.30 pm.
North Waltham WI is NOT: stuffy, old fashioned, cliquey, fogey, boring, silly, nostalgic, out of touch, comical, past its time…
We are a very friendly bunch of ladies of varying ages and it definitely isn’t a requirement that you need to be able to cook, knit, be crafty, etc, to come along – some of our members can but there are many who can’t!
If you join North Waltham WI you will:
- Meet a range of incredibly friendly and interesting women
- Gain an instant support group of women with huge experience and skills
- Challenge yourself with exposure to, and genuine influence on, all kinds of political issues, often before they appear in the national media
- Enjoy some truly entertaining speakers
- Develop your social conscience and enjoy active (but not time-consuming) ways of improving lives
- Gain access to a vast range of things to do: courses, outings, parties, events… all friendly, well-run and sometimes discounted!
- Learn that all WIs are different, but that the North Waltham branch is superbly run with great humour
We have an exciting programme of events planned for this year
Be involved as much or as little as you wish… come just to hear the talks… or go for it with a range of activities as wide as it’s possible to be.
All of this is entirely YOUR choice
If you are not a member of the WI you are more than welcome to come along to any of our meetings if a particular topic interests you or you would just like a night out.
There is a suggested donation of £3.50 for guests to cover refreshments.
10 January 2019
- Colin Pawson of the British Carriage Driving Society
Colin is involved with Carriage Driving for the Disabled, Ashe Warren. He tests drivers to take handicapped clients in the woods and fields around Ashe Warren Farm.
14 February 2019
- Mervyn’s Coaches
A family business run for 35 years, supplying coaches for excursions, private hire, school trips, a bus service and film work.
14 March 2019
- Our 83rd Birthday Party
- Simon Meanwell-Ralph of Marvellous Millinery
Simon is the designer of hats and fascinators. He works at his studio in Winchester and offers a friendly, professional service for hats and fascinators for that special occasion.
11 April 2019
- St Michaels Hospice in Basingstoke
Will talk about the services they provide to patients with life limiting illnesses.
09 May 2019
- AGM and Resolutions Evening
Following the business we will have a chance to chat over a cuppa.