North Baddesley WI was formed in 1946 and has moved location several times within the local area. The latest of these moves was to the Village Hall, Botley Road, North Baddesley, SO52 9DT in April 2007. Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of the month 1:30 pm for a 2 pm start.
In addition to the main meetings there are various small group activities: The Craft Group covers most aspects of creative work. In the Reading Group a set book is read by all and then discussed. The Play Reading Group continues to flourish. The Walking Group venture into the surrounding countryside for short walks. Fun Quiz and Noisy Games Afternoons exercise the mind. Darts & Skittles groups meet at local pubs with a break A Luncheon Club takes place at Eastleigh College during term time. The Cycle Group meet and enjoy rides in the local area. Ladies who Dine have sampled some very nice food and our Garden group have spent many happy hours touring NGS gardens. A busy Knit and natter group have, with help from the whole group, knitted a Christmas tree complete with lots of decorations plus contributing to Romseys yarnbombing and knitting for old and young. Our choir is in good voice and we are now enjoying walking netball and hoping to try bowls next year.
We are always ready to start new things and welcome anyone who reads this page to visit us.
A with everyone else this years programme was disrupted but we have still had meetings via zoom with interesting speakers from history to well being and had quizzes and played some fun games. Our proposed programme for the coming year is detailed below but may be subject to change.
- Dec 8th 2020 Mike Osman, Entertainer/ Impressionist and local born lad
- Jan. 12th Heather Parsons, Life on Strictly Come Dancing.
- Feb. 9th Debbie Towsley, Cookery demonstration, how to make Macrons.
- Mar. 9th Clare Goddard, Hilliers, the history of plants
- April 13th Madeleine Salvetti, The origins behind our everyday expressions
- May 11th Annual meeting speaker TBA
- June 8th Hilary Bowen, Working in a refugee camp in Greece.
- July 14th Ron Taylor, A walk from Romsey to Portsmouth.
- Aug. 11th Party Time!!!!
- Sept. 8th Hampshire Fire and Rescue
- Oct. 13th Simon’s Marvellous Millinery .
- Nov. 10th John Prescott, War graves Commission.
- Dec 8th Christmas groups home grown entertainment.
- We will also be arranging garden visits and other outings as appropriate to future conditions.