Langley WI meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month except August at St Francis Church Hall, West Common SO45 1XU at 7.30 pm. We are a small group of friendly women with a variety of interests. We were founded in 1980, and this year will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary. Our main aim is to enjoy ourselves at our meetings and events. Scroll down for our list of speakers this year.
Our activities include:
- A monthly Book Club where we discuss the works of authors both old and new.
- A Knit and Natter group that has produced beautiful garments and blankets for the premature baby unit.
- Regular lunch meetings at local restaurants which are very popular and well-attended.
- Theatre trips, both local and further afield. Several of our group had a great time seeing “The Girls” at the Mayflower Theatre in January and Kinky Boots is booked for September 2019.
- A Play Reading Group.
- Exhibition of our crafts at the annual New Forest Show.
We have social meetings, walks, and outings of all sorts – and of course, no WI would be complete without a regular Cream Tea.
Recently, we had an escorted tour around DP World, the large container port in Southampton. We’ve been to “Then, Now and in the Future” exhibition at Winchester and the “Poppies Wave” installation at Fort Nelson.
Do pay us a visit and see if you would like to join. You will be made very welcome.
To find out more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
17 September 2019
- Floral Art – Local florist and business owner Sandra will demonstrate some winning ways with flowers.
15 October 2019
- Speaker – The Samaritans
- Title – Mental Health Matters. In support of our campaign, “Make Time for Mental Health” reminding us to make it as acceptable to talk about mental health as it is about physical health.
19 November 2019
- Speaker – Steve Herra
- Title – The Body Through the Porthole
17 December 2019
- Winter Fun – Our Christmas Party
21 January 2020
- Resolution Selection and Social Evening
18 February 2020
- Speaker – Julie Gallagher, Trading Standards
- Title – Friends Against Scams
17 March 2020
- Social Evening with Mexican Trains
21 April 2020
- An Evening with the RNLI
19 May 2020
- Annual Meeting. Reporting on our year and voting for the shortlisted Resolutions.
16 June 2020
- Speaker – Paul Stickler
- Title – A Detective Story
21 July 2020
- Speaker – A Local Expert
- Title – Back to Nature
18 August 2020
- Summer Fun – Our Garden Party