Our normal programme has been suspended because of Covid-19, but we are meeting in small groups, as government policy allows, whenever possible. When we resume our normal activities, further information will be posted here.
Langley WI meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month except August at 7.30 pm at St Francis Church Hall, West Common SO45 1XU . We are a small group of friendly women with a variety of interests. We were founded in 1980, and this year will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary. Our main aim is to enjoy ourselves at our meetings and events. Scroll down for our list of speakers this year.
Our activities include:
- A monthly Book Club where we discuss the works of authors both old and new.
- A Knit and Natter group that has produced beautiful garments and blankets for the premature baby unit and this year will be providing warm hats and neck-warmers to the Seafarers Mission.
- Regular lunch meetings at local restaurants which are very popular and well-attended.
- Theatre trips, both local and further afield. Several of our group had a great time seeing “The Girls” at the Mayflower Theatre in January and “Kinky Boots” in September.
- A Darts Team.
- Exhibition of our crafts at the annual New Forest Show.
We have social meetings, walks, and outings of all sorts – and of course, no WI would be complete without a regular Cream Tea.
Recently, we had an escorted tour around DP World, the large container port in Southampton. We’ve been to “Then, Now and in the Future” exhibition at Winchester and the “Poppies Wave” installation at Fort Nelson. Our future outings will include a trip to the Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery.
Do pay us a visit and see if you would like to join. You will be made very welcome.
To find out more, email: email@example.com