Langley WI meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month except August at 7.30 pm at St Francis Church Hall, West Common SO45 1XU . We are a small group of friendly women with a variety of interests. We were founded in 1980, and in 2020 celebrated our 40th Anniversary. Our main aim is to enjoy ourselves at our meetings and events.
Our activities include:
- A monthly Book Club where we discuss the works of authors both old and new.
- A Knit and Natter group that has produced beautiful garments and blankets for the premature baby unit and this year will be providing warm hats and neck-warmers to the Seafarers Mission.
- A Walking Group with experienced walk leaders.
- Regular lunch meetings at local restaurants which are very popular and well-attended.
- Theatre trips, both local and further afield.
- A Darts Team.
- Exhibition of our crafts at the annual New Forest Show.
We have social meetings and outings of all sorts – and of course, no WI would be complete without a regular Cream Tea.
|19 October||Sandra’s Florist||How to make a Christmas Wreath|
|16 November||Social Event||American Supper – Quiz & Dingbats|
|21 December||Debbie Towlson||Canape Demonstration|
|18 January 2022||Discussion||Resolutions & Programme Ideas|
|15 February||Air Ambulance||Our Work|
|15 March||Angela Brice (tba)||Card Workshop|
|19 April||Martin Perry||Gardening|
|17 May||Social Event||Bombay Sapphire Visit|
|21 June||tba||Naomi House|
|19 July||Jen Thompson||Air Traffic Control|
|August (date tba)||Outing||Cream Tea|
Do pay us a visit and see if you would like to join. You will be made very welcome.
To find out more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org