Our normal programme has been suspended during the epidemic but we continue to meet by Zoom and you are most welcome to join us. We are planning to resume face-to-face meetings on 20th July 2021 (see Programme below).
Langley WI meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month except August at 7.30 pm at St Francis Church Hall, West Common SO45 1XU . We are a small group of friendly women with a variety of interests. We were founded in 1980, and in 2020 celebrated our 40th Anniversary. Our main aim is to enjoy ourselves at our meetings and events.
Our activities include:
- A monthly Book Club where we discuss the works of authors both old and new.
- A Knit and Natter group that has produced beautiful garments and blankets for the premature baby unit and this year will be providing warm hats and neck-warmers to the Seafarers Mission.
- Regular lunch meetings at local restaurants which are very popular and well-attended.
- Theatre trips, both local and further afield.
- A Darts Team.
- Exhibition of our crafts at the annual New Forest Show.
We have social meetings, walks, and outings of all sorts – and of course, no WI would be complete without a regular Cream Tea.
|20 July 2021||Steve Herra||The P&O Line|
|August||Social Event||Garden Party|
|21 September||Sandra Simmons||Life Behind the Veil|
|19 October||Sandra’s Florist||Make a buttonhole or Christmas Wreath|
|16 November||Social Event||American Supper – Quiz & Dingbats|
|21 December||Debbie Towlson||Canape Demonstration|
|18 January 2022||Discussion||Resolutions & Programme Ideas|
|15 February||Air Ambulance||Our Work|
|15 March||Angela Brice (tba)||Card Workshop|
|19 April||Martin Perry||Gardening|
|17 May||Social Event||Bombay Sapphire Visit|
|21 June||tba||Naomi House|
|19 July||Jen Thompson||Air Traffic Control|
|August (date tba)||Outing||Cream Tea|
Do pay us a visit and see if you would like to join. You will be made very welcome.
To find out more, email: firstname.lastname@example.org