Langley WI meets on the 3rd Tuesday of each month except August at St Francis Church Hall, West Common SO45 1XU at 7.30 pm. We are a small group of friendly women with a variety of interests. Our main aim is to enjoy ourselves at our meetings and events. Scroll down for our list of speakers this year.
Our activities include:
- A monthly Book Club where we discuss the works of authors both old and new.
- A Knit and Natter group that has produced beautiful garments and blankets for the premature baby unit.
- Regular lunch meetings at local restaurants which are very popular and well-attended.
- Theatre trips, both local and further afield. Several of our group had a great time seeing “The Girls” at the Mayflower Theatre in January,
- A Play Reading Group.
- Exhibition of our crafts at the annual New Forest Show.
We have social meetings, walks, and regular outings.
Recently, we had an escorted tour around DP World, the large container port in Southampton. We’ve been to “Then, Now and in the Future” exhibition at Winchester and the “Poppies Wave” installation at Fort Nelson.
Do pay us a visit and see if you would like to join. You will be made very welcome.
To find out more, email: email@example.com
18 June 2019
- Social Evening – Fun & Games
16 July 2019
- Speaker – Simon Morgan
- Title – History of the Saxophone