Welcome to our web page
We are a friendly and active group and we meet on the third Monday of each month (except August) in Houghton Village Hall (SO20 6LP) at 10.30am. Visitors are made very welcome, and we pride ourselves on our refreshments! We celebrated our Centenary in 2018 and are now proud to be 103!
In normal times we take part in the County Skittles and Darts competitions and Quiz, and we also have outings to theatres, gardens or other places of interest to our members. Our Programme for 2019/20 included an outing to Wilton House and Garden, a “Behind the Scenes” tour of Salisbury Theatre (plus a play), a tour of a vast distribution centre in Solstice Park, Amesbury, and a silk-painting evening. Meetings were suspended in March 2020 but we kept in touch by phone and email and have recently held our first post-lockdown meetings. We are hoping that things will be back to some sort of normal from September and details of the planned upcoming meetings are listed below.
We will soon be resuming our Lunch Club and Book Club which both meet monthly – the first to sample local eating-places and the second to provide an informal forum for discussing a wide variety of books, suggested by the members. We have also run an occasional Walking Club, usually involving a circular walk with a visit to an eatery along the way!
For further information, please contact the current President, Jane Anderton, on 01264 810 928
21st June 2021 – AGM
19 July 2021
- Summer Garden Meeting – “Touchwood” High Street, Stockbridge – bring food, drink and a picnic chair. 10.30 am.
20 September 2021
- “Beyond the Veil” – Life in Iran. Speaker: Sandra Simmonds
2nd October 2021 – Craft Morning 10.30-13.00
Painting a Silk Scarf – Tutor: Deborah Wheeler
18 October 2021
- “History of the Bee” – Speaker: Nicky Crossthwaite
15 November 2021
- “A Mother’s Journey with her Child Through Transplant” – Speaker: Kate Lewis
13 December 2021
- Christmas Open Meeting
- “Christmas Crackers”
17 January 2022
- “A Woman At The Bar” – Speaker: Jean Boney QC
21 February 2022
- “Experiences of a Metropolitan Police Special Branch Personal Protection Officer” – Speaker: John Hughes
12th March 2022 – Craft Morning 10.30-13.00
Create a felt landscape scene – Tutor: Sofie Baker
21 March 2022
- “Books and Me” – Speaker: Elaine Sperber (from Bookmark, Stockbridge)
18 April 2022
- “The Creators of Noggin The Nog, The Clangers & Bagpuss” – Speaker: Jack Wilson
16 May 2022
- AGM and Resolutions
- Plus Photo Quiz