We are a small but very friendly group, whose membership ranges from women in their 20s to the more mature! Usually we meet on the 4th Monday of every month at 7.30pm at The Good Shepherd Community Hall, Roewood Road, Holbury, SO45 2JN but right now, things have changed a bit, due to Covid 19! We’re still meeting regularly – but virtually (via ‘Zoom’ instead of face to face).
Although our regular meetings form the core of our WI, we also:
- have a Craft Group and New Forest Show Committees for craft and produce;
- arrange an outing each Summer for all of our Members. Most recent excursions include Kew Gardens, Compton Acres (Poole) and Jane Austen’s house at Chawton.
- compete at the New Forest Show (but we will celebrate 100 years of the NFS in 2021 instead of this year) and
- like to take part in the various competitions and events organised by Hampshire Federation and the Beaulieu Group (to which we belong) such as Darts, Skittles and Quizzes as well as the Spring and Autumn meetings.
Unfortunately, for obvious reasons which focus on the health and wellbeing of our members, all Clubs, outings and competitions have been temporarily postponed for 2020 but will no doubt return with a vengeance in 2021!
Visitors are always welcome and with no obligation to join, so why not come along? To find out more and take part in our ‘Zoom’ meetings please email Tracybaker@hampshirewi.org.uk . When things are back to normal we will resume our meetings at our usual venue. Click here for a local map.Look forward to seeing you soon!
- 27th January In Grandma’s Footsteps
Liz Barron continues her story as she tells us what happened to her grandmother after she left China
Plus Resolution selection
- 24th February Life Changing Magic of tidying!
Sue Spencer tells us how to declutter our lives and how to fold knickers perfectly
- 23rd March Cancelled due to Covid 19
- 27th April Cancelled due to Covid 19
- 1st June AGM
Unfortunately, due to ‘lockdown’ it was not possible to hold our AGM. Thankfully our existing Officers have agreed to extend their term of office until things get back to normal. A great big ‘thank-you’ to you all!
- 22nd June ‘Virtual’ Flower Arranging in a Teapot
Virtual meeting via Zoom – be sure to have a teapot and fresh flowers to hand so that you can learn how to make an arrangement and then share your creation with others!
- 20th July ‘Virtual’ meeting – this meeting will start at 10a.m.
We’re all getting the hang of these ‘Zoom’ meetings now but this months start time has been rescheduled to 10am as our presenter, Alison Stuart, is joining us from Oz! Alison is an award winning Australian author and she will be talking to us about how she researched her latest series of books which are set in Singapore.
- August As usual there will be no meeting in August – however look out for Picnic in the Park
- September This meeting will take place though details are yet to be confirmed
- 26th October Introduction to Reflexology
Sue Ingram will talk to us about reflexology and demonstrate some simple reflexology techniques
- 23rd November Time to get crafty
Come and try a new craft at this hands on session. This year we are going to try silk painting
- 21st December Christmas Party
Come and celebrate with an American supper and social shenanigans.
All events scheduled between March-July have been cancelled due to Covid 19.
- 27th August Socially distanced ‘Picnic in the Park’
or, to be more precise, Lepe Country Park. Come along and have a socially distanced picnic 12-2pm at the top park. We may even play a few games if social distancing allows. NB for those without an annual parking permit Hampshire County Council is currently charging £4 for up to 2 hour parking, card payments only – you have been warned!
- 5th October Beaulieu Group meeting Location – TBC
- TBC Autumn Council Meeting Location – Basingstoke
All craft club activities have been temporarily suspended due to Covid 19. As a result the Craft Club 2020 Programme is currently under review.