We were formed in 1925 as Cove WI, changing our name to Cove & Farnborough WI to reflect our changing catchment area. Over the years we have held our meetings in various halls but have now moved from our previous venue in the Community Centre in Farnborough to the British Legion Club in Cambridge Road East, GU14 6QB. We meet on the 2nd Wednesday of the month at 1.45pm and are a very active and friendly group. We welcome guests at our meetings, up to twice in a year for each person, and members are welcome to bring along a friend or relative on any of our outings. We have recently invited a number of new members to join us which has increased our numbers to 59. Please email any enquiries to Carol Flynn at email@example.com or telephone 077 290 36844
- monthly walk – to include lunch (usually in a pub)
- monthly games afternoon (includes sedentary as well as active games)
- outings – regular visits to places of interest
- craft meetings (held twice monthly on Mondays at the British Legion Club)
- gardening club held monthly at Forest Lodge Garden Centre
- ten pin bowling (monthly)
We also participate in numerous events organised by HCFWI and other members of the Hart Group.
Activities this month:
We will be holding our first (informal) meeting on Wednesday 11th August 2021 at 2.00. following the lifting of Covid Restrictions.
Please note a vaccine certificate will be required for entry.
Cancelled until further notice