Hello and welcome to Copythorne WI. We are a long running, well established WI and celebrated
We meet every second Wednesday in the month at Copythorne Parish Hall, Pollards Moor Road, Copythorne at 2.00pm to 4.45pm. We are a lively group with 62 members.
We were 100 years old in 2017 and had a Centenary Party in September with guests of honour and local neighbouring WIs invited too.
There are seven subgroups within our WI and they are: Art, Book Club, Craft, Darts, Performing Arts Ladies, Scrabble and Walking. Each year we enter the local carnival and have won first prize for two years running. We also steward and enter the New Forest Show and this year were awarded a first in one of the categories.
We are very friendly and welcome visitors.
9 January 2019
- Talk – Death of King Rufus – Accident or Assassination?
- Speaker – Mr G Lewis
- Activity – Discussing Resolutions
- Bring – A photo of an interesting building in the New Forest
13 February 2019
- Talk – Valuing Antiques
- Speaker – Mr Peter Raw
- Activity – Display and explanation of members’ favourite vintage items
- Bring – Vintage item – Mr Raw to judge (valuations may be possible)
13 March 2019
- Talk – Canine Partners – Our Speaker will be accompanied by a dog
- Activity – Chinese whispers and Scent identification in small groups
- Bring – A photo or sketch or a dog
10 April 2019
- Talk – The Rate Race Syndrome – How to reverse it
- Speaker – Mrs T Ault
- Activity – Members to speak about a pet they have or have had
- Bring – An item showing your favourite way of relaxing
8 May 2019
- Talk – Fun in the Sky
- Speaker – Wing Cmdr Ward
- Activity – Annual Meeting
- Bring – Any toy transport item
12 June 2019
- Talk – Art Workshop
- Speaker – Heather Wylde
- Activity – Continue drawing tiger face
- Bring – A decorated face mask
10 July 2019
- Members Meeting
- Bring – A garden flower arrangement in a tea cup
14 August 2019
- Garden Party