- Hello and welcome to the web page of Bishopstoke WI.
- We meet on the first Monday of the month (except in January or when there is an early bank holiday in the month) at The Evangelical Church, Stoke Park Road, Bishopstoke, SO50 6DA at 7.15pm.
- We are a small and friendly institute with an average membership of 28 ladies.
- We are always pleased to welcome potential members and make new friends.
- Besides our regular monthly meetings members can play darts and skittles, take part in the County quiz, join the Knitting Circle and take part in other local WI events such as a carol service with the other institutes that form part of Twyford Group.
- A WI such as ours that meets in the evening is ideal for those who work during the day or for mums looking for a night off!
- The building has disabled access, so wheelchairs pose no problem.
- If you need transport, please contact us as we can usually arrange a lift with one of our members.
7 January 2019
- Talk – ‘The Mystery of Morris Dancing’
- Speaker – Alan Frampton
4 February 2019
- Fish and Chip Supper
- Bring and Buy Stall
- Bring a poem or a reading to share
4 March 2019
- Talk – ‘Modern Adoption’
- Speaker – Jenni Bevis-Lacey
1 April 2019
- Talk – ‘Edward Jenner and the Smallpox Virus’
- Speaker – Dr Tim Mason