Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic, we are not meeting at present. Our first scheduled meeting is planned for Tuesday 1st September; this date will be reviewed nearer the time to check the situation. Any change will be listed on this webpage.
We were formed in March 1971 and meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 7.30pm in Church Cottage, behind St. Michael’s Church,Basingstoke RG21 7QW. We invite you to “try us out” – a warm welcome awaits you and we make no charge for the first two visits, by which time we hope you will want to join us.
We have a variety of guest speakers at our monthly meetings plus members are welcome to join in with alternative activities such as coffee mornings, play readings, quiz time and many more which are all hosted by our members in their own homes. What a great way to meet new people and have an enjoyable time.
Church Cottage has full disabled access.
- Play Readings – The ‘Jam Tarts’ meet once a month, usually the second Tuesday of each month, to read a variety of plays chosen by the group.
- Cribbage – Interested members play crib, usually the third Tuesday of each month; if you have never played, help and advice will be available.
- Games Evening – Interested members meet, normally once a month on a Wednesday evening, to play a variety of board and card games.
1 September 2020
- Talk – Thorneycrofts
- Speaker – Garry Bone
6 October 2020
- Curling and magnetic darts – The Alternative Olympics
3 November 2020
- Activity – Wax Candle Making Workshop
1 December 2020
- Activity – Social Evening:
- Beetledrive-games-music-make a Christmas Hat. Pass the parcel.
5 January 2021
- Activity: Quiz with John Banks
2 February 2021
- Talk – The Work of Naomi House Hospice
- Speaker – tbc
2 March 2021 – Birthday Meeting
- Talk – Hats off to Millinery!
- Speaker – tbc
6 April 2021
- Activity – Easter Craft Evening
4 May 2021
- Annual General Meeting and Resolutions
- Social Evening