We were formed in March 1971 and meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 7.30pm in Church Cottage, behind St. Michael’s Church,Basingstoke RG21 7QW. We invite you to “try us out” – a warm welcome awaits you and we make no charge for the first two visits, by which time we hope you will want to join us.
We have a variety of guest speakers at our monthly meetings plus members are welcome to join in with alternative activities such as coffee mornings, play readings, quiz time and many more which are all hosted by our members in their own homes. What a great way to meet new people and have an enjoyable time.
Church Cottage has full disabled access.
- Play Readings – The ‘Jam Tarts’ meet once a month, usually the second Tuesday of each month, to read a variety of plays chosen by the group.
- Cribbage – Interested members play crib, usually the third Tuesday of each month; if you have never played, help and advice will be available.
- Games Evening – Interested members meet, normally once a month on a Wednesday evening, to play a variety of board and card games.
4 June 2019
- Talk – My life in film
- Speaker – Alan Turton
- Competition – A book you would like made into a film
2 July 2019
- Activity – Indoor Curling
- Competition – A Game of Curling
5 August 2019
- Garden Meeting at the home of the President
3 September 2019
- Talk – The Samaritans
- Competition – Something from your Garden
1 October 2019
- Talk – A writer’s journey: what I learned along the way
- Speaker – Helen Matthews
- Competition – My best tip for travelling
5 November 2019
- Activity – Craft Evening
- Competition – An item from your handback
3 December 2019
- Activity – Quiz provided by John Banks
- Competition – A small Christmas tree decoration
7 January 2020
- Talk – The History of Spinning and Weaving
- Speaker – Jan Blight
- Competition – Christmas Card: a Christmas Tree
4 February 2020
- Talk – A student nurse in the 1960s
- Speaker – Shelagh le Marechal
- Competition – Something from the 1960s
3 March 2020 – Birthday Meeting
- Talk – The Vyne
- Speaker – Hollie Ryan
8 April 2020
- Talk – Growing old disgracefully
- Speaker – Rev. Jill Bentall
- Competition – A joke or cartoon about age
5 May 2020
- Annual General Meeting and Resolutions
- Social Evening
- Competition – My favourite recipe