Our next meeting is planned for Wednesday 8th September.
We were formed in March 1971 and meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 7.30pm in Church Cottage, behind St. Michael’s Church,Basingstoke RG21 7QW. We invite you to “try us out” – a warm welcome awaits you and we make no charge for the first two visits, by which time we hope you will want to join us.
We have a variety of guest speakers at our monthly meetings plus members are welcome to join in with alternative activities such as coffee mornings, play readings, quiz time and many more which are all hosted by our members in their own homes. What a great way to meet new people and have an enjoyable time.
Church Cottage has full disabled access.
- Play Readings – The ‘Jam Tarts’ meet once a month, usually the second Tuesday of each month, to read a variety of plays chosen by the group.
- Cribbage – Interested members play crib, usually the third Tuesday of each month; if you have never played, help and advice will be available.
- Games Evening – Interested members meet, normally once a month on a Wednesday evening, to play a variety of board and card games.
8 September 2021
- Activity: Ten Pin Bowling
- Competition: Something which is at least 50 years old!
5 October 2021
- Activity – Candle Making Workshop with Brian Graham
- Compeition: A craft item you have made
2 November 2021
- Talk – Thornycrofts
- Speaker – Garry Bone
- Competition: A picture/photo of old Basingstoke
7 December 2021
- An Enterntainment by the Jam Tarts: All Right on the Night
- Competition: A small Christmas tree decoration
4 January 2022
- Quiz by John & Pam Banks
- Competition: A amusing Christmas card
1 February 2022
- Talk – The work of Naomi House and Jack’s Place
- Speaker – Louise Gough
- Competition: Your favourite scarf
1 March 2022
- Birthday Meeting
- Talk – Hats off!
- Speaker – Sophie Fryer
5 April 2022
- Talk – Growing old disgracefully
- Speaker – Reverend Jill Benthall
- Competition: A spring flower
3 May 2022
- Talk – Annual Meeting & Resolutions
- Social Evening
- Competition: A Joke