Alton WI was founded in 1993 and has approximately 50 members.
We meet on the 4th Tuesday of the month commencing at 7.30pm at Alton Methodist Church Hall, GU34 1AU.
In addition to our programme, shown below, we also have a Walking Group, Scrabble Group, Darts, Craft, Book Club and Walking Netball. Some of these are weekly and others monthly. We also maintain a garden opposite The Ivy House, which we call The Splot (small plot).
If you wish to attend a meeting as a visitor, please come along. You will be most welcome. You may come to two meetings before deciding if you wish to join us and pay your subscription to become a full member (Or if you are already a member of another W.I. show your receipt and pay to become a dual member with us).
In addition to various groups, we meet up informally monthly for lunch and a coffee morning
Come and join our friendly group. Contact: Mags Raggett 0142085266 or firstname.lastname@example.org
24 September 2019
- Being a Deputy District Judge by Robert Booker
22 October 2019
- Fashion Show at M&Co – 6.30pm start
26 November 2019
- Resolutions Meeting and Quiz
10 December 2019
- Christmas Party
28 January 2020
- Belly dancing by Julie Brown
25 February 2020
- Nature and Origins of Medicine by John Grace
24 March 2020
- Climate Crisis by Dr James Willis
28 April 2020
- Talk – The Winchester Driver
- Speaker – David Farthing
26 May 2020
- Annual Meeting
23 June 2020
- Personal Safety by Julie Gallagher
28 July 2020
- Crafts – come and have a go!