Committee members are responsible for running their WI and devising its programme of events and activities. Find out about the different Committee roles and responsibilities.
Each Committee is made up of members, who act as trustees of the WI. The main role of the Committee is to:
- meet regularly to discuss WI business (at least six times a year) and keep minutes of the meeting
- organise meetings and activities for members
- stay up to date with their federation and the NFWI and feed back to members
- suggest policy and plans of action to members for approval
- oversee the funds of the WI
There are several positions or ‘officer roles’ on the Committee. These are elected by Committee members and include:
- President – responsible for the overall running of her WI.
- Vice President or Vice Presidents (up to three) – supports the President and shares some of her responsibilities.
- Secretary – ensures Committee business is carried out.
- Treasurer – oversees her WI’s accounts and gives financial advice to the Committee.