Stokes Bay WI meets in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET, 10.00-12.00 on the third Tuesday of the month. We currently have a membership of over one hundred and a waiting list but visitors are very welcome – just turn up. Our Programme of Speakers can be accessed below as can our other events and outings – many of which are also available to guests
Any enquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Stokes Bay WI started in October 2014 and celebrated its first full year of meetings, outings and activities in December 2015, by presenting the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance with a cheque for £2,000. Our 2016 charitable cause was the GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service) to which organisation we presented a cheque for £2,750 in December.
This year we are fundraising for the Da Vinci Robot at QA.
Our motto is Inspiring Friendship and Fun and certainly, alongside the fundraising and WI commitments, we enjoy much companionship and laughter as is evident in our meetings, outings and interest groups – and in the selection of more recent photos below.
Forthcoming Events for 2017: email email@example.com for more details
N.B Friday Walkers – every week. Meet St Mary’s Parish Centre, 11:00. Brisk 4 mile walk of the bay area
- Fridays. Meet Parish Centre, 10.30, for a brisk walk along the Bay and around, then coffee in Darcey’s
- Tue 4th, 14:00, Parish Centre. Strawberry Cream Tea with flower arranging demos. £6/£7 (on door)
- Thur 9th, 13:00. Committee meeting
- Tue 11th, 10.30. Circular walk Warsash to Hamble. inc ferry. Lunch in Rising Sun
- Wed 12th, 10:30. Plant Potters coach trip to Sandhill Farm, Sherfield English. £18
- Tue 18th, 10:00-12:00, Parish Centre. Meeting. Speaker: Alan Saunders – Queen’s Bodyguard & Yeoman of the Guard. Competition: Make a summer posy.
- Thur 20th, 12:30. Lunch Club at Jolly Roger.
- Thur 27th, 12:00. Ferry for Cinema Club at Vue. Film: Going in Style. £3.99 to include coffee & biscuit
- Fridays. Meet Parish Centre for a brisk walk along the Bay and around, then coffee in Darcey’s
- Thur 3rd, 13:00. Committee meeting
- Thu 8th, 10:30. Circular walk, Exton via Warnford. Lunch in the Shoe
- Tue 15th, 10:30-12:30. Coffee morning in Val’s garden. £3.50 on gate. Guests welcome. Proceeds to Da Vinci Robot
- Thur 24th, 12:00. Ferry for Cinema Club at Vue. Film: tba. £3.99 to include coffee & biscuit
- Lunch Club tba
For more details of our Programme of Speakers and events to date, see:
For Previous Events, see: