Stokes Bay WI meets in St Mary’s Parish Centre, Green Road, Alverstoke, PO12 2ET, 10.00-12.00 on the third Tuesday of the month. We currently have a membership of over one hundred and a waiting list but visitors are very welcome – just turn up.
Scroll down for information about our meetings, other events and outings – often available to guests – and links to current and ‘archive’ materials.
Any enquiries, please email: email@example.com
Stokes Bay WI started in October 2014 and celebrated its first full year of meetings, outings and activities in December 2015, by presenting the Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance with a cheque for £2,000. Our 2016 charitable cause was the GAFIRS (Gosport and Fareham Inshore Rescue Service) to which organisation we presented a cheque for £2,750 in December . In December 2017 we donated £3,150 to QA’s Da Vinci robot appeal and last month we gave £3,900 to Veronica & Friends (the local Macmillan Cancer Support Committee)
In January 2019 we will choose our next Charitable Cause which we will support until February 2020
Our motto is Inspiring Friendship and Fun and certainly, alongside the fundraising and WI commitments, we enjoy much companionship and laughter as is evident in our meetings, outings and interest groups – and in a selection of photos below.
Forthcoming Events for 2109: email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. Click on ‘Programme of Speakers’ below for full year’s speakers
Regular events (subject to change, at times…):
- Mondays. Cinema Goers meet at ferry (usually 12:15) for film in Vue
- Fridays, 09:45. Meet Parish Centre for a brisk 4 mile walk along the Bay, etc, then coffee in Darling’s
- Third Thursday, 11:30. Big Band at Thorngate Hall. Meet 11:00
- Tue 5th, 14:00. Beetle Drive with delicious cakes, etc. £5. Guests welcome. All proceeds to St Mary’s Parish Centre
- Wed 6th, 12:30. Lunch Club at The Red Lion, Stubbington
- Thur 8th, 11:30. Committee meeting
- Tue 12th, 10:30. 6 mile circular walk. Meet Buck’s Head, Meonstoke.
- Thur 14th, 19:00. Titchfield Festival Theatre, Sons of Death
- Tue 19th, 10:00. Jennifer Carter: Changing Seasons in Monet’s Gardens & quilting examples
- Wed 20th, 12:30. Mayflower, Jersey Boys. Coach outside Landon Court
- Tue 26th, 10:45. Spring Council, Guildhall, Portsmouth
- Tue 2nd. Hindu Temple, Neasdon; vegetarian lunch
- Wed 3rd, 12:30. Lunch Club at Hardy’s, Gosport
- Thur 4th, 11:30. Committee meeting
- Tue 9th, 10:30. 6 mile circular walk. Details tba
- Tue 16th, 10:00. Debbie Towlson: A Macaron Masterclass
- Thur 25th. Arundel Tulip Festival. Details tba
- Tue 30th 11:00. Scavenger Hunt of Alverstoke Village, starting at Parish Centre. 12:30 Ploughman’s Lunch at PC. All proceeds to PC Regeneration Fund
For more details of our Programme of Speakers and events to date, see:
For Previous Events, see: