Welcome to our web page! We are an evening WI meeting in the Hampshire village of Clanfield. We meet in the hall at Petersgate School, Clanfield, at 7.30 p.m. on the third Monday of the month and all visitors and new members are welcome.
At the gallery at the bottom there’s some pictures of typical events,
Whether you fancy making new friends or just enjoying a night out once a month, you’ll be more than welcome at Hyden WI. You’re sure to fit in – we come in all shapes, ages and sizes!
We have a very interesting programme scheduled for the current year, and have also included lots of social time. In our main meeting once a month we have interesting talks by experienced speakers. We also have sub groups for discussions, Scrabble, walks, coffee mornings, ukulele, craft group and, of course, our luncheon group with husbands. We have an active Macular Degeneration Group for mutual support for those affected by this, and similar, conditions. We occasionally visit the Senior Screen at Port Solent Odeon Cinema on a Tuesday or Thursday with tickets at special rates – and free coffee and biscuits!
Our programme is shown below – if you are interested, please come along to a meeting and see if it’s for you, or contact our secretary at email@example.com
More details about individual programme items can be obtained by contacting the Secretary.
Underneath the programme is a photo gallery of events from the last couple of years: click on any picture for a full screen version, and to page through the rest. Note that many of our events include husbands and partners!
17 June 2019
- Handbells: You Ring, We Ring!
- Bishops Bells
- Talk – The Road to Timbuctoo
- Speaker – Adrian Fox
August – Members’ Meeting
- Bollywood Dance Workshop
- Hannah Murphy
- Talk – A Refugee in England from Guernsey in WW2
- Speaker – John Richards
- Talk – Meet a Naval Captain in 1805, His Lady and a Descendent
- Speaker – Mr & Mrs R. Glancefield
16 December – Christmas Party
20 January 2020
- Talk – Sustainability Centre
- Speaker – Christine Seaword
- Cooking Demonstration – Making Macarons
- Debbie Towlson
- Talk – The Show Goes On: My Life as a Tiller Girl and Businesswoman
- Speaker – Avril Owton
- Talk – Hounds for Heroes
- Speaker – TBA
18 May – Annual Meeting
- Weekly on Wednesday evenings
- 2nd Monday 7.30pm
- Tuesday afternoons
- arranged occasionally (with partners, dogs etc)
- arranged occasionally at a local pub or restaurant (with partners)
- Flower of the Month
- Most months
- Most months