We were formed in March 1971 and meet on the first Tuesday of every month at 7.30pm in Church Cottage, behind St. Michael’s Church,Basingstoke RG21 7QW. We invite you to “try us out” – a warm welcome awaits you and we make no charge for the first two visits, by which time we hope you will want to join us.
We have a variety of guest speakers at our monthly meetings plus members are welcome to join in with alternative activities such as coffee mornings, play readings, quiz time and many more which are all hosted by our members in their own homes. What a great way to meet new people and have an enjoyable time.
Church Cottage has full disabled access.
- Play Readings – The ‘Jam Tarts’ meet once a month, usually the second Tuesday of each month, to read a variety of plays chosen by the group.
- Cribbage – Interested members play crib, usually the third Tuesday of each month; if you have never played, help and advice will be available.
- Games Evening – Interested members meet, normally once a month on a Wednesday evening, to play a variety of board and card games.
Outings & Workshops
- Wednesday, 10th May – Tai Chi Workshop
- Thursday, 15th June – visit to The Vyne, National Trust
- Wednesday, 5th July – Afternoon Tea on the Watercress Line
Our programme for the coming months of 2017/18 is:
|June 6th||Demonstration of a Hanging Basket||Pat Beasley||A Flower from your garden|
|July 4th||The Story of Basing House||Alan Turton||A View of Basingstoke|
|August 1st||Garden Meeting at the home of a member||No Competition|
|September 5th||The Seven Ages of Women||Fiona Birchall||My Favourite Book|
|October 3rd||Put Your Best Forward||Terri Read|
|November 7th||Craft Evening||An Item of Craft|
|December 5th||Hand Bell Ringing||A Christmas Tree Decoration|
|January 2nd||A Social Evening||A Christmas Card of a Snowman|
|February 6th||The Role of a Town Crier||Jonathan Jones||Photo of a Local Village|
|March 6th||Magicians and the Music Hall||Robin Maddy||No Competition|
|April 3rd||Life and Other Problems||Judy Theobald||A Gadget to make Life Easier|
|May 3rd||AGM, Resolutions & Social Evening||Item from your Handbag|